Sunday, March 27, 2011

HRAnimation: stop mo, slow mo, youtube and ponies!

No video blog this week. Instead I'm going to write up about the interesting things that I have been meaning to write about.


First up is MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON. A very cute stop motion short that I stumbled across.

Next is an interesting channel I've been watching over on youTube called The Slow Mo Guys. As their name suggests they film stuff in slow motion. I find it all quite fascinating to watch and a great resource to study.







Now for some Disney.
Claire Keane, one the artists that worked on Tangled (and Glen Keane's daughter), got to paint a mural in the Disney art department.
What's even more interesting? She's also the artist that developed Rapunzel's mural paintings on the inside of her tower ;)




Now for my last thing I ask that you read on with an open mind and not just roll your eyes.

So what is this next thing?

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
(don't cringe, just read)

Developed for television by Lauren Faust (who is famed for her work on The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) MLP:FiM is a refreshing take on an existing franchise.

Not only is is enjoyable animation to watch, but I was quite pleased to see that it hasn't been dumbed down for a younger audience; so us big kids can still enjoy the story without getting bored. MLP:FiM has even generated a large internet fanbase.

Oh and here's what their animation studio looks like too. Source.



Anyway watch it for yourself. Here are my favorite clips and the first episode.
My favorite pony would have to be Fluttershy ;)





5 comments:

  1. The Rainbow Unicorn Sunshine Palace! That's totally awesome.

    Also, the shell stop motion - pure and utter genious. Couldn't stop laughing, 'We don't attack unless provoked'. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I could actually watch that new MLP show... rrrrg. It's not bad!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0aVCuFHt88

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Scheree, I'm not convinced on the ponies. The animation is OK, the acting does not carry a lot of appeal for me, but I'm not a target audience.

    I'd be interested to know more about what you find appealing as well as the stories not being dumbed down?

    I need my animation eyes directed please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat slow motion film is great to study. Look at that stretch and squash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shared the cat video with some people (veterinarians and others). I thought you might to see this reply: "Thanks for sharing! Very cool and helpful, especially since I'm working on Puss in Boots right now. :)"

    ReplyDelete