Monday, March 21, 2011

He Mele No Lilo



So my favorite Disney song of all time would have to be He Mele No Lilo from Lilo & Stitch. Besides the movie being one of my very favorites of all time, I very much love that it's sung in hawaiian and the authenticity in the hula. If I remember right the animators had to keep it as close to their referance footage as possible with the dance because straying away from it was disrespectful (I think. I can't remember exactly. Note to self: rewatch L&S special features)

Let us make a trend and post what your favorite Disney song is in your blog. Don't forget to tell us why.

BTW Nick started it.

And because I can, my second favorite.

Snappy animation and tons of visual jokes. Not to mention it being a great song.
Sadly I can't see them trying to pull any of the visual gags they did here anymore. Like when Abu yanks the sword out of that guys throat or when an axe gets thrown at Aladdin with fruit.

Actually now that I think of it, Aladdin was chuck full of things like that. I must rewatch that movie.

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought Lilo & Stitch was rather brilliant too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scheree, I like that song! I agree that the Disney film Lilo and Stitch had a good soundtrack and it's probably my favourite out of all of them just cause it has better music. I am happy also to blog my favourite and I believe it would be good for the students to all have more interactive things with the blogs like this, perhaps we could even try and draw a arty replica of the scene we like or something involving drawing as it improves peoples work I believe and also I have a lot of Disney films so if you'd like me to bring any in at any time just let me know, I have most of the older Disney films and other films like Pixar (even though I dislike their funding and company) and Dreamworks, Madman and the less popular companies etc, also Congratulations at winning the art contest and this blog is good! :)

    ReplyDelete