Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thanks Max

The other day I found a really great use for Max.

I was working on a commission of a character with a bow, so I figured a relaxed pose holding the bow and an arrow would be nice. For something like this, I usually use a photo reference (want to get it right ya`know).

After google and a number of stock photo sites failed to produce the desired image I turned to my camera and began snapping my own. Then took the image I produced into Maya and gave it to Max :) With his help I was able to fill in what my camera cut off and re-tweak the pose to what I wanted. Even gave him a substitute bow and arrow.

Bada-bing! Bada boom!

Thanks Max!

The commission-ee really liked the pose, however it had to be changed in the end. Oh well. Thanks for your time Max.

We should take a bunch of crazy snaps one day, and pose Max to them. I'm sure we could come up with some insane things.

CRAZY INSANE THINGS LIKE SAIYAMAN!

I am the Great SaiyamanMAX!
Defender of truth!
Protector of the innocent!
Upholder of justice!
Doer of ... ah....good!
Where's my cape darn it!

2 comments:

  1. Max is many thanked by hatching animators everywhere. What an excellent blend of skills, getting some 3D posing time, while drawing and designing, acting it out and using reference (reminds me I didn't collect those production clips, I would love to see them - they will be great to show to the studio next term when... shhhh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GMTA, getting it right matters! So Max is the modern equivalent of the little poseable wooden mannequins that artists once used?

    ReplyDelete