Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The art lives on

I was walking down Elizabeth Street a number of weeks ago when I stumbled upon a poster advertisement. I couldn't help but squeak and squeal (because that is what I do) and when people began to stare I scurried off. I went back about a week later to take a photo.



I drew that clown back in 2006 when I was doing work experience for a graphic designer. It was sketched in Photoshop then the colour version done in Illustrator. It was originally for a business card.

Seeing it on a wall in a very public place and still being used, makes me very excited and glad to be an artist :)

3 comments:

  1. Adorable clown! Good work getting your stuff out there =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One reaction: The graphic designer is cashing in on work they got for free. Maybe you should follow them up and see if they need any more illustration work (paid)?

    The other reaction: It's a buzz to see one's work on display. Well done Scheree.

    (Cassie: "Adorable clown?" No such thing to a Coulrophobic)

    ReplyDelete