Friday, February 05, 2010

Introducing...me

So we have been encouraged to post an edited version of an email about ourselves courtesy of our teacher.

Now I don't have that email anymore so I'll have to run off memory, attempt to recreate, fail and instead indulge you in my awesomeness make up something buyable and true.

Hi, my name is Scheree. I'm presently 22 years old and I study animation. I also go by my nickname Swe, but that's not important right now.

I am a major fan of many animated cartoons, feature films, persons behind such wonderful creations and the studios behind them. I shall attempt to name some and name the persons behind them that I worship adore.

My favorite films of all time (or for now atleast) is Monsters Inc. [Pixar] and Lilo & Stitch [Chris Sanders]. I also have enjoyed to a large degree Horton Hears A Who [Blue Sky Studios], Ponyo [Hayao Miyazaki /Studio Ghibli] and Beauty & the Beast [Disney].

Cartoons, I could go on forever naming them, but my hightime favorites would have to include: Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends [Craig McCracken], Jane and the Dragon [Weta Workshop], Danny Phantom [Butch Hartman] and Avatar: The Last Airbender [Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko]

Anime, I could also go on forever. Most of my favorites a were the freebies on tellie before school. Beyblades, Pokemon, Card Captors, Sailor moon, Samurai Pizza Cats (I wonder who remembers that one!), Digimon Adventure, Dragon Ball Z, Zoids, One piece. Chances are if it was on, I was into it. I've also enjoyed Inuyasha, Sakura Wars and Princess Tutu. My current addiction is Naruto. Don't talk to me about english vs. japanese. I've always lived with the english dubs an thus I like them first. That and I don't have to watch to know what's going on.

People! I'm going to repeat some from the above: PIXAR (because they are all as a collective group awesome), Chris Sanders, Hayao Miyazaki, Craig McCracken, Butch Hartman.

I also really like John Lasseter :) He's my animation hero. thankyouforsavingdisney

I like these people, not only for their individual styles but their ability to tell a great story. That and the animation is superb to watch.


Why am I here at SBIT? I want to learn animation to improve my own skills and to possibly help me get into the industry should I choose to follow that path.

Thank you. I hope I haven't bored you to death with some insite of moi. Please don't be afraid to stop by and talk to me. I'm keen to make some wonderful new friends :)

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Beyblade!! I didn't think i'd find another that used to be into that show. Lol, i loved it so much.

    Was into naruto for ages too until the youtube eps got too messed up and life got too busy :(. Was the biggest fan of Lee and Shino

    I'm looking for a new obsession currently. Really miss having one. Trying out Vampire Night, its pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I used to be into Beyblades bigtime. Even enouth to create many OC's and OC spawn XD

    I only got into Naruto late last year. I'm always late into the good stuff. Shino and Lee rock, I'm abit of a Kiba fan at the moment. lol

    Vampire Night sounds very interesting. Beautiful art style

    Yeah someone was up as late as I was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to Google Naruto now.

    ReplyDelete