Saturday, February 20, 2010

Everybody Po-ké-mon

If you don't like pokémon I suggest that you turn away now, unplug your computer and hide under your bed till moon rise.

I've been on a bit of a pokemon binge lately. It started with a contest, turned into a comic, and had me reminising the good ol` days of fruitless battles, insane music and many hours pounding away at the ye old Gameboy.

...and had me playing the latest version on my DS.

Anyway, onto the art.


My entry into already said competition, pokemon trainer Shu. Before this I hadn't drawn pokemon in over 10 years. I'm glad to see that I've improved.



Having come up with a complete and detailed background for Shu I though it would be fun to introduce her. Turned into a three page comic.


And the latest finished piece, the PokeMeme. Actully if was finding the meme that lead me to the competition. Stars my persona pulling all the stunts I would do, including a run in with a very big bearlike fellow. Looks like a bear, sounds like a bear, acts like a bear. One should treat it as a bear.


Close up of one of the panels. The top got all cropped off. Eevee ginjinka, she turned out real purdy :3


Wish me luck, now I've got to wait and see if I got into round 2 of the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment