Saturday, September 04, 2010

Google Sketchup in use

Having had Google SketchUp installed on my computer for some time now I decided it was time to use it. Or at least try to. So I decided to mock up the latest setting for my comic TEAM ZiNE and see how it could help.



Welcome to Bobby's house. I only really needed the living room but once I got the hang of everything I went ahead and started to map out the rest of the house floor plan. Chances are I'll never finish it, but that's alright. I don't need the rest of the house.

Anyway that's the result of 3-ish hours of messing about. I may continue to use it. I found it extremely useful in planning the layout, figuring out perspectives and which camera angles did and did not work.

comic comparison


On the official Google page for it there are some galleries of what can be produced through SketchUp. I think its well worth a look at if you have the chance.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Scheree. It looks like a really useful tool for animators.

    Next year in the storyboarding subject we take a look at camera maps. This year in your layout subjects with Jane (body in a room), you would have explored some of these ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Scheree, is it hard to get the hang of using? That would have been handy for the 'body in the room' task, like Frank said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing it right, as they say... XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Nice storyboard sketches, too! You have an awesome flowiness to you work.

    ReplyDelete