Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Highly Recomended Animation. ep.12

So with my important hand bunged up and one heck of a nasty a headache that's borderline 'sick' (but refuses to take the extra step to cross that line and be it) I spent my day goofing off, trying not to be bored (because I can't draw/colour/hold the freaking tablet pen) and researching military ranks and stuff.

Somehow amongst my researching I stumbled upon a videos.

The first is a preview of the Rooster Teeth popular machinima series Red Vs Blue, in animated form.



From a fan point of view, I enjoyed it immensely. I laughed at their ideas-that-were-good-at-the-time and all that happened because of them. From an animators point of view, I loved almost all of it. To me some of the animation looked abit stiff, or at least that bit at the beginning while they stood there and talked looked it. Otherwise I quite enjoyed the timing with their gags. Specifically when Church was attached to the rocket.

Anyway. I looked around to see if I could find any more details regarding further development into a series but everything I found was conflicting. One places said it was being developed another said the entire project had been dropped while a third said it wasn't going to be animated like this any more. Ah wells.

If anything I kinda like the idea of it going animated like this. Maybe one day it will continue further.


And here's another video I found. I think it's the early animation of a 3rd year CalArts animation student's film.
I'd like to say, 'I loved how it went' but I am yet to see the end. I did however enjoy watching the rough pencil animation.



In other animation news...

Fast Lane Entertainment have teaming up with Mad Cow Pictures, an Australian Sydney based animation company, and are currently in production of an animated film called "Trouble Down Under". It's due for release in 2012 which only means one thing. Potential jobs ;)
Second years may appreciate that more than us firsties.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! Great post and drawings and that Calarts pencil test is an amazing inspirational find! Phew, Mad Cow is certainly a great company for all of us students to apply to. (Ex Disney Animators run it!) I recently found out about another Sydney based company : Blue Wren Studios with ex Disney animators manning the helm. I think it's small and the website isn't really up yet it's hard to find out more other than the fact they use Toonboom and are outsourcing for American companies. Keep checking their website. I'm sure they'll update soon. I think like Mad Cow they are also doing original kids tv series! So that's maybe what your little girl character is telling you! They seem to be linked with Flying Bark productions too, (formerly Yoram Gross? ) Thanks for the info about the movie, phew! Perhaps a kangaroo or too would be something great to do for a showreel! And to another animator, your brain looks wonderful and perfectly wise!

    ReplyDelete